Want the scent and properties of essential oils without the potential for skin sensitivity and made in a way that's good for planet and plants? Hydrosols, literally the water-based essence of the plant that is created in the process of volatile oil distillation, offer the perfect middle ground.
Less concentrated than volatile oils and safe for use directly on the skin, hydrosols are the perfect way to incorporate herbal medicine into your everyday skincare and environment. Hydrosols make beautiful face and body mists because of their redness-fighting, soothing, and rejuvenating properties.
- Lavender: anti-inflammatory, calming lavender is excellent for encouraging tranquil moments, reducing skin irritation, wound or burn care, or as part of a bedtime ritual. Steam distilled by hand with lovely lavender from North Carolina's Old Field Lavender Farm with a small amount of Howling Moon local moonshine added as a preservative.
- Sage: sage is clearing and clarifying and a delightfully fragrant part of cleansing and detoxification. Steam distilled by hand with local, sustainable, organically cultivated sage and preserved with a small amount of organic cane alcohol.
- Citrus: refreshing and revitalizing citrus contains powerful antimicrobial agents but is gentle enough for use on the skin or around the house. Steam distilled by hand with grapefruit and orange peels and preserved with a small amount of organic cane alcohol.
- Juniper: traditionally used for purification and its potent evergreen aroma, juniper has a variety of uses from mental clarity to everyday cleaning. Steam distilled by hand with juniper from the 'Church of the Holy Basil' with a small amount of organic cane alcohol added as a preservative.
- Tulsi: considered a sacred plant the world over, holy basil is revered for good reasons, its aromatic fragrance and deeply relaxing vibe among them. Steam distilled by hand with holy basil from the 'Church of the Holy Basil' with a small amount of Howling Moon local moonshine added as a preservative.
Fresh North Carolina organically cultivated lavender (Lavandula spp.), fresh North Carolina sustainably and organically cultivated sage (Salvia officinalis), fresh organic grapefruit and orange peels (Citrus paradisi and sinensis), fresh North Carolina cultivated juniper (Juniperus spp.), fresh North Carolina cultivated tulsi ( Ocimum africanum or sanctum), water, organic cane alcohol
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Contraindications may exist. Consult expert medical advice before using during pregnancy. Keep out of the reach of children.