Learn more about your favorite herbs and remedies through our guide to our new site
Our Product Quality
- To ensure optimum potency, our herbs are lovingly handcrafted in small batches. We harvest the plants at the peak of their potency by following the cycles of moon, season, and weather.
- We always choose the common, abundant plants that grow nearby over rare, exotic, or endangered plants that have similar uses. We harvest from only pristine natural settings in the fields and forests of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Herbs we cannot find in our area we source from other conscientious wildcrafters and growers who we know and trust to use natural or certified organic methods.
- Only the freshest plant material is used. Since we work with plants that grow right around us, we transform them directly from vibrant living plants to brewing extracts. In contrast, the vast majority of herbal products today are made from dried plant material that has been shipped long distances and often stored for a long time. These can be ineffective at best and even dangerous at worst.
- Our commitment to preserving the earth’s natural resources guides all our wildcrafting techniques, and the stands we return to each year flourish under these practices.
- We follow FDA Good Manufacturing Practices for our manufacturing protocols and record-keeping. Adhering to these high standards ensures that you are provided with a product with traceability and integrity.
- We practice what we preach. Our apothecary and offices are run with an eye towards ever increasing self-sustainability. We also use recycled office products whenever possible, including all of our packing material.
- We use only the highest quality ingredients: organic gluten-free alcohol, organic vinegar, organic olive oil, local beeswax, and raw local mountain honey.
- All of our fresh extracts and oils are made by a cold extraction process. They are never exposed to heat that can degrade them, like many other salves and oils in the herb industry are.
- Our extracts, oils, and vinegars steep for at least six weeks, three times longer than the two-week industry standard, allowing a fuller range of constituents to infuse and leading to a more robust, potent final product.
- Our deep rapport and communication with the plants invites their spirits to enrich the medicines. Whether harvesting, making medicine, bottling, or answering questions, we strive to connect with the plants at every opportunity and provide you with the most honest and intentional herbal remedies.
Learn more about our green business practices.